COVID Testing Centres: No referral needed– where to get tested, booked appointments now required
If you are booking for a COVID testing appointment at Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill, booking thru MyChart will be more efficient than calling. If you have severe symptoms, please go to the nearest Emergency Department immediately.
Another option, is Vaughan Urgent Care Clinic (VUCC) – an extension of Mackenzie Health Emergency Department. It is like a walk-in clinic, and they provide care for injuries, cuts, fractures, non-life threatening illness and disease, in addition to seeing those with Flu-like symptoms, and can do COVID testing also. They are open from 4 pm – 10 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 4 pm on weekend and holidays. No appointments booked. The address is 9401 Jane Street, north of Rutherford in Vaughan.
My child may have COVID symptoms– Provincial Guidelines, updated Feb 19, 2021
Information for Children going to School in York Region, and COVID protocols
Information for Children going to School in Toronto Region, and COVID protocols
Common questions about COVID: vaccines, bubbles and more
Do you need support looking after a loved one with dementia? Please email the Alzeimer’s Society York Region to be in touch with a social worker.
Anxiety and Stress Resources
It is common to feel anxious and stressed during this time. Embracing the positives of this time at home, getting some daylight and outdoor time, physical activity and connection with others remotely, regular sleep and good nutrition are all ways to manage better. Here are some other resources that may be helpful:
- Headspace is offering free meditations for COVID19
- Balance – (iOS) – This month, they’re offering a free one-year subscription
- Prana Breath (Android) – free app for guided breathing
- Calm is offering free meditations
- Insight Timer – app with lots of great free meditations
- Healthy Minds– Training your mind is key to your emotional well-being, also free
- The Science of Well-Being – free 2-week massive open online course (MOOC) from Yale designed to teach you how to build healthy habits and increase your happiness
- CAMH webpage for COVID
- Mental Health First Aid for COVID
- Wellness Together Canada– provides tools and resources to help get Canadians back on track. These include modules for addressing low mood, worry, substance use, social isolation and relationship issues for adults and youth.
- 211Ontario: COVID – feeling stressed, need help with groceries, need assistance with applying for EI?